The Barony of Madrone (King County, WA )
Date: July 18 , 2020
Online meeting begins at: 10:00 AM on July 18th 2020
Online meeting ends at: 4:00 PM on July 18th 2020
Unto the populace of Madrone and their neighbors and friends,
In an effort to keep the momentum and spirit of Athenaeum going and to continue to foster collaboration among our Kingdom’s Arts & Sciences community in the wake of the necessary cancellation of Athenaeum 2020, the Barony of Madrone invites you to join them on the Road to Athenaeum.
The Road will consist of several online events of different types, culminating in the return of our Arts & Sciences non-competitive showcase event in the summer of 2021.
Our first milestone is a virtual Online Athenaeum being held on July 18, 2020. It will be an interactive event celebrating the Arts & Sciences — an opportunity to exhibit your work online and to receive live feedback from at least two members of the Laurel’s Council through the magic of technology.
Non-exhibitor event participants are encouraged to engage with exhibitors too, and all are welcome to join our online social activities throughout the day of July 18th.
Some examples for possible entries:
- You can display things you’ve shown at Athenaeum past! By all means get new and varied feedback!
- You can display things you’ve entered in A&S competitions already
- You can display things that are not complete (the journey and process are often just as interesting as the finished piece!)
- You can enter something you’ve already displayed in the “Locked In The Manor” A&S online competition!
Some ways to participate as a non-exhibitor:
- Browse exhibits and leave comments with constructive feedback for the Exhibitors (no account required)
- Browse exhibits and request a 30 minute one-on-one chat with an Exhibitor (to be scheduled for Saturday July 18th) about their project(s) (participant registration required)
- Attend the hosted Salons on Saturday, July 18th that are theme-based (via Zoom). See the full schedule below!
Visit the Facebook event page https://www.facebook.com/groups/716936482401702/
One-on-one chats will be scheduled between 10am and 4pm. PST We will prioritize optimum schedule times for the artisans and Laurels to chat one on one (via Zoom) and then fill in around that with other artisans or populace members who request chats. There will be themed Zoom hang out rooms for artisans to gather in and chat collectively in their down time between one on ones…populace members can join those group chats too.
At the end of the day, when things have concluded we are going to orchestrate a “post revel” happy hour/cocktail hour social for people to congregate with beverages and hang out.
Please reach out if you have any questions.
The Road to Athenaeum, Part 1 – Event Team