The Barony of Three Mountains (Clackamas & Multnomah Counties, OR)
Date: December 14 , 2019
Site opens at: 12:00 PM on December 14th 2019
Site closes at: 9:00 PM on
Syrian Lebanese American Club
11610 SE Holgate Blvd
Portland , OR 97266
Click here for more information about this location such as site amenities, rules, and restrictions.
It’s cold and it’s wet, but don’t despair – Yule is coming, and the days will lengthen! All are invited to join the Barony of Three Mountains in celebrating the winter season!
The people of the Barony, and all interested good gentles, are invited to come, socialize, bring projects and games, and enjoy our hospitality!Bring your arts and sciences to display at our Yule celebration! It need not be complete, documented, or even beautiful! We just want to show the Barony what is being done within our borders. Show your mistakes, your attempts, your beginnings, and your finished items. We’ll have 3×5 cards for you to explain what you’re displaying, and if you have documentation, too, that’s awesome! (But definitely not required.)
There will be a silent auction fundraiser for the Barony, run by Her Excellency Eleanor de Sackville.
Do you make cool stuff? Do you have SCA appropriate cool stuff that needs a good new home?
Your cool stuff could be just what someone else wants/needs.
Feast gear, camping gear, good condition garb, books, yarn, fabric, leather, pottery , jewelry, beads, knitwear/nalbinding goods and supplies, or any other SCA-relevant material!
Contact HE Eleanor via the event Facebook page with any questions or to sign up!
Site is accessible, with no stairs!
There’s a potluck, and it will be delicious! The barony will provide meat/proteins and breads (Please let the cooks know of any food allergies by December 7th); our gracious populace is encouraged to provide side dishes, vegetables, and desserts! Please list all ingredients and provide separate serving utensils for each dish. Label all containers and utensils with your name, in case they get misplaced.
(Contact the feast coordinator, Zanobia Fiorentini (Kate Goldfeder)
(831) 236-7033, no calls after 8pm
firstname.lastname@example.org or Zanobia Kate Goldfeder on FB Messenger)
Youth and Family Activities
YOUTH CHAMPIONSHIP at THREE MOUNTAINS YULE!
Three Mountains Youth Championship Checklist
All individuals ages 9 to 17 intending to prove their proficiency and talent in an attempt to become the Three Mountains Youth Champion, must complete all of the following tasks. Creative activities will be judged based on overall effort, style, and creativity.
• All participants much create a letter of intent to present before Their Excellencies of Three Mountains during morning court. A statement about how each participant will support the youth activities in Three Mountains if they win the championship must be included in the letter of intent.
• Each youth will participate in the novelty axe competition. Points will be accrued based on each person’s throwing score. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN AXE. Loaner gear will be available if you do not own your own axe.
• Everyone participating in the championship should bring a medieval-themed food dish (prepared before the event—no on-site cooking will be available). Be prepared to explain your choice of dish, how it was made, ingredients, and where and when it would have been served.
• Each participant will engage in some act of service for 30 minutes (assisting with set-up, cleaning, running errands, etc.)
• Individuals must find three forms of heraldry (in the building, hanging on a wall, on someone’s clothing, etc.) and describe where they saw the heraldry and what they have seen in heraldic terms (“a lion rampant sable”). Resources will be available on-site for reference.
• Each participant must illuminate a bookmark. Painting supplies and bookmarks will be available on-site.
• Youths will be required to play a game of Gluckhaus. Winner of the first round will be given bonus points.
Also, an imptomptu pinata-whack to be scheduled, for children of all ages!
This page was last updated: November 24, 2019
This event has completed its EIF form
This event's waivers have NOT been marked as received by the Senechal's Waivers Deputy