The Barony of Aquaterra (Snohomish County, WA )
Date: May 31 , 2019 until June, 2 2019
Site opens at: 3:00 PM on May 31th 2019
Site closes at: 4:00 PM on June 2th 2019
Masonic Park Campground
24310 Mt Loop Hwy
Granite Falls, WA 98252
Click here for more information about this location such as site amenities, rules, and restrictions.
The horn sounds with a burst of urgency and promise, calling forth our hunters to chase their prey! Join the great Barony of Aquaterra in this, our most glorious Boars Hunt! Come engage in our long-running match between the Hunters of the wild and the Beasts that are as dangerous as their pursuers. Revel in the beauty of our lands while earning your word fame alongside worthy compatriots, and sharing the tales of honor and friendships past in story and song with the wonderful populace of An Tir!
- His Excellency Sir Geirleikr Vedrson, the Baron of Aquaterra, will also be having a casual meet and greet and potluck on Saturday that shall span the afternoon. Come and enjoy His bounty of smoked meats and bring along a side dish and friendship to share!
- More info will be added to this page as the event nears, so check back often!
Autocrat: Lord Ander Hallison – AnderHallison@gmail.com
Deputy autocrats: Graham Von Baekyn and HL Sabina Di Zorzi
Site Fees (Please make all checks payable to Barony of Aquaterra, SCA Inc.):
18+ $30 weekend $20 day with a 5 dollar discount for members with proof of membership.
16-17 years old $20 weekend $10 day
Under 15 FREE!
Gate Hours: Friday, Noon to Midnight for Merchants, 3pm to Midnight for populace. Saturday, 8 am – 6 pm. Site closes Sunday at 4 pm.
**After the Masonic Park Gate closes, there will be no entry until Gate opens again in the morning both nights. No Exceptions**
First come/first served basis for camping sites. No reservations other that RVs (see below). No early admittance for non-event team or pre-arranged set-up volunteers. Please e-mail the autocrat if you would like to volunteer or fill out our volunteer form here.
~ We expect all available RV hookups to be occupied for this event – make your reservation now! ~
RV hookup is $10.00 a night in addition to site fee. The hookup fees are paid directly to the Masons. More details will be sent out shortly before the event to those who have made a reservation.
If all RV hookups are reserved in advance, we will post an explanation here of how overflow RV parking will be handled.
Please note that RVs may be parked only in areas designated for RVs by the autocrat, not in tent-camping areas.
Event Schedule (Subject to change)
- 12pm Gate opens for Merchants Only
- 3pm Gate opens for all
- 12pm Gate closes *no re-entry*
- 8am -Gate Opens
- 9am -Morning Court
- 10am -Armor Inspection for Heavy and Rapier*
- -Archery – Novelty Shoot
- -Medieval Darts begin
- -Sargeantry classes begin “Making a fire”
- -Cooks camp*
- -Family Games Opens with a Treasure Hunt
- -A&S Dropoff for both competitions begins
- *Rapier will have a Round Robin after it’s main hunt
- *Cooks camp is ongoing all day
- 1030am -Thrown Weapons opens for Adult and Youth *novelty shoot to commence after archery finishes*
- 11am -Youth Bocce Tournament
- -Sargeantry class “HOw to Make a Leather Mug”
- Mid-day -YAC will coincide with Heavy Combats breaks
- -Sargeantry class “How to set a Rivet”
- 1pm -Sargeantry class “Court Etiquette”
- 2pm -Sargeantry class “Attending a Feast -Traditional Boars Hunt A&S submission ends
- Additional class – Baroness Tierzah will be hosting a Frankish Coat class at Peterson Hall
- 3pm -Adult Bocce Tournament
- 330pm -Sargeantry class “How to approach a Camp”
- 5pm -Evening Court
- Post Court -Sir Loin of Pork (Pinata)
- -Bardic Competition
- -Largess Swap Pickup
- O’Dark Thirty -Doggy Daggers Torchlight Tourney
- 10am Brief Morning Court
- 4pm Site closes
Brought a friend and they are feeling a bit underdressed? Not a problem! While perusing the wares on merchants row, make sure you drop by Gold Key and outfit the newest additions to our game! Know ahead of time? Email Aquaterra.GoldKey@antir.org and let them know. They’ll make sure to bring some pretties in their size! Once they are clothed continue on with your meandering of Merchants Row! If you have coin, they have wares!
Come new and experienced to bask in the knowledge so graciously offered by our Sargeants! There is always something for any of us to learn, from greetings to graces, and not forgetting providing our own warmth!
Starting at/after 10am in the Kitchen Building, ranging until completion.
- “How to Start a Fire” – 1 hour class
- “How to make a leather mug Discussion and Handout” – 1 hour
- “How to set a rivet” – 1 hour
- “Court Ettiquette” – 1 hour
- “How to attend a Feast” – 1.5 hours
- “How to approach a camp” – 1 hour
Baroness Tierzah will be hosting a Frankish Coat class at Peterson Hall at 2pm for 2 hours.
Lady Birsa of Aquaterra, the barony’s Webminister, will be handling Merchant’s Row this year. She can be contacted directly at Aquaterra.Webminister@antir.org to reserve your space on the row.
All Animals find a hiding place in the woods and, once they are ready, Hunters enter the forest with their loyal Hounds to hunt the Animals.
There will be 2-3 Hunters and 2-3 Hounds per group depending on the total number of participants.
- Hunters – Hunters fight with a pike and 2 to 3 Hounds. Both Hunters and Hounds fight the Animal at the same time.
- Hounds – Hounds cannot speak! Hounds can only bark / growl / whine and point. Hounds fight with 2 daggers. Hounds are killed if struck once by the Animal in the head or body. Arm and leg hits don’t count.
- Animals – Each Animal has a certain number of Lives. Only blows to the head and/or body cause the Animal to lose a Life. Arm and leg hits don’t count.
- Bears: Bears fight with either 2 single-handed mass weapons or a great weapon. Bears have 5 lives.
- Stags: Stags fight with 2 long swords. Stags have 2 lives.
- The Boar: The Boar fights with 2 short swords. The Boar has 4 lives.
Doggy Daggers Torchlight Tourney
This will commence at O’Dark 30 and will be a Round Robin.
Archery will open directly after court for a Novelty Shoot Competition. Rules to be explained before commencing.
Medieval darts will be running all day Saturday up by the archery range. Open to both youth and adults. They may even have a small contest at the end of the day!
Thrown Weapons will open shortly after Archery and will have a Novelty Competition starting after the Archery Competition finishes. Prize for first place in Thrown! Yay Shiny! (See Youth Activities for their Thrown Weapons details)
Armor Inspection to commence directly after court.
The Hunt will be similar to the Heavy’s, but the hunters will have sword and dagger, the boar will have a sword and buckler, and the dogs will have daggers. The winner will be determined by time.
The Hunt will be followed by a Round Robin Tourney.
Youth Armored Combat
The Youth Hunt
*This will be occurring during breaks in Heavy combat and between Heavy and Rapier combat in the Woods* Youth will pair up into teams of three. One as a hunter with sword and shield and two as dogs with two daggers for teeth and claws. The teams with go thru the woods hunting for boar, bear, and other animals. The animals will be adults with pool noodles. Weapons and swords will be provided. If your youth needs loaner armor for this event please contact Sarah Pixie in advance of the event to make arrangements. YACWarden@aquaterra.antir.sca.org
Youth Thrown Weapons
Youth Thrown Weapons will be running concurrently with the adult Thrown Weapons on the schedule.
8 and Under Thrown Weapons
Those 8 and under can attempt Thrown “Weapons” at 4pm using child friendly toys!
Sir Loin of Pork
Come let the smallest of us realize they are the mightiest as they battle Sir Pork of Loin one on one in combat! After his defeat they can take his riches and exchange them for goodies at the table! (1 surprise goodie bag per child). Youth 12 and under will have their chance to break the piñata and claim prizes! Older youth will be encouraged to participate after the younger ones have had a chance, too!
Games will be available Saturday after morning court to the beginning of evening court. Many different table games (9 mens morris, chess, backgammon, game of the goose, mancala, shut the box, senet, and many others. There will be 2 field games offered, Bocce and Kubb. There will be a youth bocce tournament at 11am and an adult bocce tournament at 3pm. There will be a prize for the winner of each tournament.
- Bean bag toss! Doggy Ears! Riddles! AND MUCH MUCH MORE!
- Treasure Hunt! Starting at 10am/After Morning Court there will be a treasure hunt for the children!
Aside from the Family Games (see above) there will be a After Court Bocce Tourney!
Arts and Sciences
Maestra Fiamma would like to invite all to visit the Cooks Camp at Boar’s Hunt!
Inspired by the Cook’s Playdate at AWWar, I am hosting an all day, learn to cook over fire in pottery pipkins and pots, at my camp (group camp #1 by the river).
Cooking will start after Saturday morning court and continue all day, as long is there is food to cook and people to eat it!
There is no cost to participate, though donations will be happily accepted.
I will bring some cooking equipment and food projects, but welcome any additions.
Some things that will be handy to bring or contribute:
- Firewood and/or lump charcoal (not briquettes)
- Water for cooking and washing up
- Period cookware, gloves, aprons, fire tools
- A chair
- Your own favorite beverage
- Food to cook!
If you wish to camp with us, please RSVP to me; though the area is large, suitable spots for tents are small.
For additional details or to RSVP to camp please contact me, Maestra Fiamma, at Aquaterra.CulinaryGuild@antir.org
Site: Masonic Family Park, 24310 Mountain Loop Hwy, Granite Falls, WA 98252
Event Directions: From I-5, take US-2 (East toward Wenatchee). Take WA-204 to Lake Stevens. Turn left (North) onto WA-9. Turn right onto WA-92 (East toward Granite Falls). WA-92 ends in a T-intersection in Granite Falls — turn left onto Mountain Loop Hwy. The site entrance is 4.5 miles from this point, and will be on your left. Watch for SCA signs.