Event Steward: Tova Fransdottir
Date: April 20 , 2012 until April, 22 2012
Site opens at: 12:00 AM on April 20th 2012
Site closes at: 12:00 AM on April 22th 2012
Hells Gate State Park 4832 Hells Gate RD Lewiston, ID 83501
SITE INFO: Hells Gate State Park, 4832 Hells Gate RD, Lewiston, ID 83501
Friday, April 20th, 2012
2pm – Site Opens
Archery after dark (about 8pm) – Falling Stars clout shoot.
Saturday, April 21st, 2012 – TENTATIVE SCHEDULE
10:00 am – Wealdsmere Baronial Court at Wealdsmere pavillion
10:00 am – 2:00 pm Adult Archery Championship Tournament + fun shoot
10:00 am – 11:00 am – Youth Archery Competition
11:00 am – Heavy armor inspection, A&S display opens
11:30 am – 3:00 pm HEAVY WAR scenarios
11:30 am – 12:30 pm CLASS – Tablet Weaving by Lord Takakane
2:00 am – 3:30 pm WORKSHOP- Pottery Hands-on workshop by Mistress Morgaina
2:30 pm – Rapier inspection
3:00 pm – 5:00 pm RAPIER WAR scenarios
5:00 pm – A&S and Homebrew presentations before Court
Baronial and Honor War COURT
Dinner and general merriment
8:30 pm – Bardic Circle / Competition
Sunday, April 23rd, 2012
10:30 – 12:30 Rapier Championship Tournament
3:00 pm – Site Closes
Archery Championship – Our Champion Aerngaldra has plenty of interesting things planned for on Archery field. Please remember to bring your own gear to the archery range – bow, arrows, arm bracer, glove/tab, etc.
Youth Archery Competition – Saturday morning Tova will be hosting a Youth Archery competition. All youths will be rewarded for their efforts. They are your future archery champions, your future combat archers – come cheer them on !
A &S Championship – Alas our A&S Champion Cler will not be able to attend Honor War, but Phelan has stepped in to help. Kingdom A&S judging forms will be used. Entrants have the option of presenting for 5 minutes at the beginning of court as part of their entry (don’t have to, just can’t get quite as many points).
Bardic Championship – Will be held after dark around a camp fire to be announce on Saturday.
Homebrew Championship – Brewing will be either right before or right after court or during court if not many A&S entries.
Rapier Championship – Will be Sunday morning. Rapier inspections at 10am. Rapier Tournament starts at 10:30am.
FALLING STARS SHOOT – Since
the ‘Falling Stars’ shoot proved very popular last
year, we shall see the return of this NIGHT TIME clout shoot. At
the blast of the winding horn, a line of archers will loose arrows
mounted with glowsticks toward the target area roped off and
outlined with glowsticks. This will be Friday evening as soon as it
is dark enough (approx 8 pm). Listen for the horns to call you to
BUNNY SHOOT – Lyonsmarche’s legendary lentils are in danger! A menacing horde of hungry hoppers with a greedy taste for lentils has invaded our fair lands and nibbles our plants to the ground! We’ve captured a few representatives and fervently hope their subsequent ‘ventilation’ will make a terrifying example so that the rest will flee (perhaps to Wealdsmere?) and leave our lentil crops to grow in peace. Three (plushy) bunnies will be hung by their ears as targets worth a varying number of points. Rabbit stew, anyone?
THE CHALLENGE OF THE COPPER DRAGON – In addition to some amazing archery contests, Saturday will witness the return of the Challenge of the Copper Dragon! This combination riddle contest /scavenger hunt proved to be quite popular and fun last year. Did I mention there is also a truly spiffy prize? Contestants will be required to find as many riddles as they can (please leave them where they are), and answer them correctly on their answer sheet. There will also be a handful of items to be tracked down and presented with the answer sheet. You may play as a single player, or as a team, but the prize(s) will be awarded the same. Get your instructions & answer sheet packet at gate, or from HL Aerngaldra.
If there are any questions, please email me at silverwolff AT gmail DOT com, or find me on site at the event.
CLASSES: If you have an interesting class that you would like to teach, then please contact Tova Fransdottir
Lord Takakane will have classes in Tablet Weaving sometime on Saturday 11:30-12:30pm.
Mistress Morgaina will be holding a Pottery Workshop on Saturday
2-3:30pm. Pottery created will be pit fired at the Iron & Ink
event at the end of June.
PARKING: Will be be in the big field beyond the C-loop campground. Vehicles will park on the right side of the dirt road. All vehicles will need to display a Honor War SCA Parking pass which will be provided at the SCA gate. Please tape the SCA parking pass hanging from your rear view mirror.
SITE TOKENS: Yes, we will be having lampwork glass beads again for site tokens. So come add to your Honor War bead collection.
CAMP TRAILERS & RV’S: The C-loop does not have any RV hook-ups. If you park in the C-loop, then please park north of the bathrooms. If you need/want electricity and water hook-ups, then these are available in the adjacent B-loop for an extra $10/night. Please contact Tova Fransdottir so that she can reserve a spot. You will still need to go to the C-loop SCA gate to pay.
CABINS: All 8 cabins have been rented. If you have rented the cabins Tammany or Lewis, then please make sure to email Tova Fransdottir so that she can pickup your key especially if you will be arriving after 4pm on Friday.
DOGS: You all know how to camp with pets. Please make sure they are happy and quiet for your neighbors and of course pick up after them. Make sure your pets are upto date on shots and are wearing appropriate tags, and are on leashes.
MERCHANTS: No merchant fees. Merchants at Honor War as of 4/6/12: (1) Lynn the Weaver, (2) Ring Weaver Crafts, (3) Life’s Mystical Journey, (4) Bridget Woulfe, (5) Magda’s Medieval Yard Sale, (6) Grand Bazaar – food merchant. All vendors will either need to have an Idaho Vendor’s license or make yourself an Idaho Temporary Seller’s Permit which you now fill out online and print: click http://tax.idaho.gov/i-1031.cfm This form will need to be visably posted within your merchant booth.
MINORS: If will be bringing a minor (anyone less than 18 years old) to Honor War, then you need to have a parent or legal guardian fill out the Medical Authorization Form for Minors http://www.antir.sca.org/Pubs/forms/04_MinorMedical_US.pdf . You will also need to get photocopy of the parent/guardian’s drivers license for the signature. When signing the minor in at gate, we need to see these documents – many thanks….
Honor War 2012 Site Fees:
WEEKEND FEES DAY FEES
Adults (18 and up) Adults (18 and up)
Adult SCA Member: $15 Adult SCA Member: $10
Adult Non-Member: $20 Adult Non-Member: $15
Youth (6-17): $10 Youth (6-17): $5.00
Child (0-5): Free Child (0-5): Free
Family Cap: $45.00 Family Cap: $25.00
Please note that adult non-members are charged a $5 surcharge which is used for insurance purposes. The $5 surcharge is applied after the site fees / family cap is determined. So a family with 2 non-member adults would pay $45 + $5 + $5 = $55. One adult non-member would pay $15 + $5 = $20.
Please make checks payable to College of Lyonsmarche, SCA INC
2013 NOTES – If we are able to use Hells Gate State Park again as an event site:
1) NO PARKING on the grass ! ! ! This means your tires do not ever leave paved surfaces within the C-loop. So don’t move our vehicle/trailer half off the road to get out to the way – the park ranger will notice. There are sprinkler heads along the road in the grass. We will try to mark the sprinkler heads with flags.
2) TENT STAKES – The sprinkler system is only buried about 8-10″ down, so please use shorter tent stakes if it is an option or don’t pound them in all the way.
3) QUIET HOURS – Start promptly at 10pm. The Sherriff has been called in past for drumming that happened at 10:01pm and been onsite by 10:15pm, so no drumming after 10pm. Any drumming for belly dancing needs to happen right after dark and the drumming MUST stop by 10pm.
4) NOISY CAMPING – Such as it might be must be at the far south of the C-loop. If your singing or talking can be heard at the the far north end of the loop towards the cabins, then your encampment must quiet down. You all know the song – no screaming “McIntosh” after 10pm – sorry.
5) B-Loop – These spaces can be reserved online starting at the beginning of April. You will need to pay for these sites on your own. Our fees for the C-loop went up, so for the 2-3 RVs that want electric & water, you now alas are in the same boat as the cabins and need to use the online reservation system. Please email the Honor War autocrat your space # so that signage for Honor War can be put on your site post to make it easier for you to find.
6) Cabins – Typically all of the cabins are rented by mid-March so if you want a cabin, don’t wait.
7) Weekend parking in the Big Field – Start parking on the riverside just past the entrance gate to the field. DO NOT PARK past the wood interpretive sign in the field on the river side. If there are no more spaces on the river side, then start a new row of parking on the east side of the road near the entrance gate to the field.
8) DAY USE PARKING – The autocrat needs to negotiate with the park that Day Use people do not need to pay the Day Use Parking fee of $5 + tax.
This page was last updated: November 5, 2018