The Barony of Madrone (King County, WA )
Date: June 27 , 2008 until June, 29 2008
Site opens at: 12:00 AM on June 27th 2008
Site closes at: 12:00 AM on June 29th 2008
1711 Boalch Ave NE
North Bend, WA 98045
Click here for more information about this location such as site amenities, rules, and restrictions.
Their Excellencies Ragnarr and Bergdis bid you to join Them as They host tournaments to choose the new Heavy, Rapier and Archery Champions of the great lands of Madrone.
Equestrian activities are planned, including a challenge course of various skills, jousting and trail rides. A spectator area will be set up to encourage the populace to view the horse activities.
Field of Cloth of Gold activities will be held on Saturday afternoon and all day Sunday. We are pleased to welcome our neighboring Baronies, to join us in the competitions! A list of games has been updated on the “Schedule” page.
Youth activities will include a Youth Armored Combat Tournament for ages 12 and up, and a Foam Weapon Tourney for the younger children.
Merchant information is available on the new “Merchants” tab.
Madrone Culinary Guild’s famous Dessert Auction will be held on Saturday evening, following Court.
Date: Friday, June 27 – Sunday, June 29, 2008
Autocrat: Miriel de Beauvallet
Site Info: This year’s event will take place at the new site in North Bend where September Crown is to be held.
Meadowbrook Farms http://www.meadowbrookfarmpreserve.org/
1711 Boalch Ave.
North Bend, WA 98045
Site opens on Friday, June 27 at 3:00 PM and closes on Sunday, June 29 at 5:00 PM.
Site Fee: $15 for Adults (16 and up); $8 for Youth 8-15; and Children 7 and under are free.
Non-member surcharge will be in effect ($3) and you must have proof of membership.
There is a $10 per horse haul-in fee to cover insurance and other expenses.
Make checks payable to “Barony of Madrone, SCA, Inc.”
Notes about the Site:
- NO WATER onsite, you will need to bring your own water.
- Above-ground fires ONLY.
- NO TRASH service available. Be prepared to pack out your own trash.
- The site is wet but no alcohol is permitted in any of the building. No kegs allowed.
- The site is pet friendly. Be sure to keep pets on a leash and clean up after them.
- Take Exit 31 (North Bend)
- At the freeway off-ramp stop sign, turn LEFT (Eastbound) and go under the freeway, or turn RIGHT (Westbound) onto Bendigo Blvd/Hwy. 202
- Continue on Bendigo Blvd thru the traffic lights (Outlet Shopping Mall on the left) and across the railroad tracks, thru downtown North Bend
- Bear left as the road, now SR 202, turns and continues out of town, across a bridge.
- Past the bridge, turn right onto Boalch Avenue
- Continue on Boalch across a small bridge
- Immediately after the small bridge, turn LEFT into Meadowbrook Farms
- (If you reach the light on Meadowbrook Way — with the Milk Barn on the left — you’ve gone too far. Simply turn RIGHT on Meadowbrook Way and continue with the directions below — From SR 202)
From SR 202:
- From Redmond or Fall City, travel East on SR 202 past Snoqualmie Falls
- Continue past the Snoqualmie Parkway, through downtown Snoqualmie
- At the east end of Snoqualmie, turn LEFT onto Meadowbrook Way at the traffic light (Milk Barn on right)
- Continue on Meadowbrook Way past the high school
- At the stop sign, turn RIGHT on Park Street
- Continue East past Snoqualmie Elementary and Centennial Fields Park on your right
- The entrance for Lionhearts is on your RIGHT in approximately 1 mile
- (Note that Park Street in Snoqualmie becomes Boalch Avenue in North Bend)